This Toasted Coconut & Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread Donuts is perfect for donuts It's fresh, easy,easyo make,healthy. the perfect recipe to make your party...!
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons almond meal/flour
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 oz high quality dark chocolate chopped into chunks
- ¼ cup earth balance soy free vegan butter OR regular organic butter
- 1 cup mashed banana
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut toasted in a pan for 2 minutes
- 1 medium banana sliced
- Chocolate Drizzle:
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1.5 tablespoon coconut oil
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a bowl combine the mashed banana, eggs, honey, vegan butter (or butter/oil), and vanilla and whisk or beat to combine until smooth.
Add in the flours, coconut, baking soda, and salt, and stir until well combined (the batter may be slightly clumpy)
Fold in the chocolate chunks.
Generously grease 2 non-stick donut pans (6 donuts each) with coconut oil and add in the batter to fill each mold.
Bake the donuts for 10-12 minutes until just beginning to brown on top.
Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 20-30 minutes.
Once cooled, remove from the pan and place on a plate.
Prepare the chocolate drizzle by melting the coconut oil and honey in a pan, then transfer to a small bowl and stir in the cocoa powder until the sauce is smooth.
Set aside to thicken for a few minutes and toast the coconut.
Top each donut with banana slices and drizzle with the chocolate sauce then sprinkle with the toasted coconut.
Place the donuts in the fridge for 10 minutes so the chocolate can harden,
Store donuts in the fridge for best keeping.