- 1 tablespoon black chia seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup almond meal – I used blanched almond meal/floor
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Spices encouraged
- 1/4 teaspoon floor cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast – optionally available extraordinary for a natural cheese flavor
- Preheat oven to two hundred C (390F)
- In a small bowl upload the chia seeds and water. Stir with a spoon to combine. Set apart for 10 minutes or until a gel-like texture form.
- In every other big mixing bowl, upload almond meal, olive oil, spices and the chia seed gel created earlier than.
- Knead dough by arms, squeezing the combination among your finger to include the chia gel into the almond meal, until it forms a dough. It should not take extra than 1 minute to form a dough ball.
- Place the dough ball among pieces of parchment paper, and rool out with a rolling pin as thinly as possible.
- Remove the pinnacle layer of parchment paper, cut out tortillas chips the use of a pizza cutter or sharp knife. To make triangle chips (tortillas shapes), truly area a spherical form on pinnacle of the rolled dough. Cut around the lid, remove the dough out of doors of the lid – preserve it for later to roll again and make greater chips! You should become with a circle of rolled dough. Then, the usage of the pizza cutter cut triangle as you will reduce a round cake.
- Move the dough with parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for six mins, test the shade and stop baking as soon as you attain a golden brown colour. For very thin chips it took 6-7 minutes. For thicker chips it may absorb to 8-9 mins. I advise you to bake for six mins then take a look at every 1 minute to keep away from the chips to burn.
- Remove from the oven whilst golden brown and let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet
- Use a flat device like a knife or small spatula to cast off/carry the tortillas chips from the parchment paper.
- Serve with my simple avocado dip recipe or dip of your desire.
- Storage: Store as much as five days in a hermetic box -they’ll barely soften after three days however you may rewarm them 1 minute at 75C (160F) for 1 minute just earlier than serving to provide them a few crisp again. I endorse a steel box or glass jar to preserve the tortillas very crispy.
- Freezing: I do not advocate to freeze the ones chips. They will lose their crisp.
- Spices thoughts: feel unfastened to test with dried herbs like rosemary, oregano or onion flakes, smoked paprika, turmeric powder, curry powder or even matcha powder!
- Salt: the recipe is using handiest 1/4 teaspoon salt which keep the chips low in sodium and healthful. If you love salty chips sense loose to add greater salt but do not exceed half teaspoon salt.