how to make simple and elegant sauteed shrimp topped with angel hair paste with quick and easy garlic, tomato and white wine sauce. Decorate with a little fresh basil and parsley.
Angel hair pasta, also known as capellini or capellini d’angelo, is a thin and soft pasta that is cooked quickly. When cooked properly, it tastes light and flavorful and can be paired with tomato sauce, pesto or garlic, either as a side dish or a main dish. Cook too long, however, and you will end up with a gummy and sticky mess. By learning the difference between natural and cooked pasta, you will cook angel hair paste correctly every time.
Garlic shrimp with Angel Hair Pasta is a delicious food that combines the two best worlds (Seafood & Italian food) without breaking your budget.
This dish is delicious because you can make it at home and have restaurant quality food prepared in just minutes plus the impression of your friends or family!
below I give a recipe and a few sample images. hope you are inspired.
Try These Pasta Recipes Angel Hair
- 1/4 cup olive oil divided
- 1 (8 ouncpackage angel hair pasta
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 pound large shrimp – peeled and deveined
- 2 (28 ounccans Italian-style diced tomatoes drained
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and add 1 tablespoon oil. Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Place pasta in a colander, and give it a quick rinse with cold water.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a 10 inch skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic, stirring constantly, until the garlic is tender, about 1 minute. Do not let the garlic burn. Add shrimp, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove shrimp from the skillet, and set aside.
- Stir tomatoes, wine, parsley, and basil into the skillet. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced by half, 8 to 12 minutes. Add shrimp, and continue cooking until the shrimp are heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Serve the shrimp mixture over the pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.