- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch purple pepper flakes (elective)
- 4 cups low sodium hen broth
- 1 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (or 1 half of cups cooked beans, from 1/2 cup dry)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans Clover Leaf strong white tuna, tired and broken into chew sized chunks
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon floor fennel seeds
- half teaspoon paprika
- 1 bunch kale, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- salt and pepper to flavor
- Heat the oil in a massive sauce pan over medium heat, add the onion and cook dinner until smooth, approximately 5-7 mins.
- Add the garlic and purple pepper flakes and prepare dinner until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth, beans, tuna, italian seasoning, fennel and paprika, bring to a boil, lessen the heat and simmer for 10 mins.
- Add the kale and simmer until it wilts, about 2-three minutes.
- Add the parmesan, let it soften and season with salt and pepper to taste before disposing of from warmth.