Vanilla sugar cookies are a favorite treat anytime. Whether you choose to decorate them or eat them just as is with a cup of tea. Based on my butter cookie recipe these are soft, crisp and buttery. Also, they do not spread making them a great candidate for shaped and decorated custom cookies.
- 440 grams All-purpose flour
- 228 grams Unsalted butter (room temperature) (2 sticks)
- 220 grams White sugar (little over a cup)
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
Plan and Prepare
- Make sure the butter and eggs are room temperature.
- Sift together the flour and salt.
Make the Dough
- Cream butter and sugar in your mixing bowl with paddle attachment until light and fluffy. Do not skimp on this step or the cookies will be very dense.
- Add the eggs one at a time slowly, mixing each well until incorporated.
- When both the eggs are added. Continue mixing on medium for about two more minutes.
- Next, add the vanilla.
- Followed by the flour. Do not over mix once the flour is incorporated.
- Bring the dough together and divide into two discs.
- Wrap in cling/plastic wrap for at least 1 to 2 hours.
Roll the Cookies
- Once the dough is chilled; roll dough on a lightly floured surface evenly.
- get full intructions https://veenaazmanov.com/best-vanilla-sugar-cookies-recipe/