- The liquid from one 400g / 14oz can of chickpeas
- 150 g / 1 1/4 cups icing confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Vegan-friendly red food dye
YOU WILL NEED
- Icing bag with a large nozzle
- Preheat oven to 100C / 210F and line three baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Drain the liquid from the can of chickpeas into a large clean bowl. You can keep the chickpeas for another recipe. Just add them to a container with some clean water and keep for up to 3 days in the fridge.
- Using an electric or stand mixer, whisk the liquid on a high speed until it forms soft peaks.
- At the stage, start slowly adding the icing sugar. Keep whisking until it reaches stiff peak stage (the mixture stands upright on the whisk).
- Mix the vanilla and peppermint in at the last minute.
- Meanwhile, open out your icing bag and carefully use the red dye and a teaspoon or a clean paint brush to paint red lines onto the inside of the icing bag. Starting from the bottom, stopping about 1/3 way from the top.
- Transfer the mixture to the icing bag and start piping your meringue shapes. Squeeze the meringue near the surface of the baking sheet and then pull up to peaks.
- Get Full Instructions http://wallflowerkitchen.com/vegan-candy-cane-meringue-kisses/