This (VEGAN) EASY CHICKPEA TIKKA MASALA is perfect for vegan lover . It's fresh, easy, easy to make, healthy. the perfect recipe to make for your party...!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 two-inch piece of ginger finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garam Masala
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 15 oz / 425 gr cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 14.5 oz / 410 gr cans diced tomatoes
- 1 13.5 oz / 400 ml can full fat coconut milk (I used BPA-free Natural Value)
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- Salt to taste
- Fresh chopped cilantro
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions, a pinch of salt, and sautè until translucent, about 6 minutes stirring every now and then. Add garlic and sautè for 1 more minute.
Add ginger and spices and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add chickpeas and diced tomatoes, bring to a boil, lower to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
Stir in coconut milk and simmer for 5 more minutes.
In a small bowl whisk cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water. Stir in the chickpea mixture and cook for 5 more minutes or until the gravy has thickened.
Take a taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
Remove from the heat, sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro and serve.
One serving yields 393 calories, 13 grams of fat, 60 grams of carbs, and 15 grams of protein.