Smoked cashew cheese recipe that is sweet, creamy and very moreish. This vegan cheese is full of heart-healthy fats, vitamins and protein.
Smoked cashew cheese recipe that is sweet, creamy and very moreish. This vegan cheese is full of heart-healthy fats, vitamins and protein. The cheesy dairy free taste comes from nutritional yeast and the smokiness is provided by smoked paprika.
Quick and easy to make cashew cheese recipe that takes less than 10 minutes. If cheese stops you from going vegan try this recipe today! It slices and when baked at a low temperature it melts and goes golden.
- 1 cup / 150g Cashews
- ½ cup / 40g Nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Agar agar powder
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 1 Lemon juiced
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- ¼ tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1½ cups / 350ml Water
- a pinch of Salt
- Place half the water and everything else apart from the agar agar into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- In a pan put in the remaining half of the water and the agar agar.
- Simmer for 5 mins stirring constantly. Make sure no lumps of agar agar form at the bottom.
- get full instructions https://www.nestandglow.com/healthy-recipes/smoked-cashew-vegan-cheese