Easy cut-out cookies that are the best for any occasion. The holidays, Christmas, Valentines, or anytime you might want to decorate a cookie! Fun activity for kids.
Vegan Sugar Christmas Cookies are simple and classic buttery Christmas cookies that melt in your mouth. These easy cookies are made using a cookie press to create perfect holiday bites.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoons ground chia or ground flax
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup vegan butter
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-4 teaspoons non-dairy milk or Wwater
- A few drops of food colouring (optional)
- To make the cookies: Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- In a large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flax or chia, and the water and set aside to thicken which will be almost instant if using chia, but take about 10 minutes if using flax.
- In a third bowl beat the vegan butter and sugar together until creamy, about 3 minutes. Add the remaining wet ingredients including the flax or chia mixture, and mix well. Add the wet mixture into dry and combine until a dough is formed. I used Earth Balance vegan butter, but I have found that sometimes the moisture levels in vegan butters are different, so if your dough does not come together, add up to 1 tablespoon of water until the dough just comes together.
- Get full instruction https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/perfect-vegan-sugar-cookies/