- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Thoroughly rinse the sweet potato and brush with a produce brush if you have one. Use a fork to pierce the skin of the sweet potato about 10 times.
- Place the sweet potato on a baking sheet and bake for about an hour.
- Remove the sweet potato from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes so that it is cool to touch. Cut the sweet potato in half and remove the potato.
- You want to leave about 1/2 inch sweet potato border around the skin. In a small bowl, cream together the oats, vegan butter, raw sugar, and cinnamon.
- Add that to the sweet potato making sure that it is snug in the cavity. Return to the oven under a low broil for 10 – 15 minutes until the top is toasty and browned.