This Vegetable Soup is perfect for soup lover . It's fresh, easy, easy to make, healthy. the perfect recipe to make for your party...!
Calories: 216 kcal
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion 1 medium
- 2 cups peeled and chopped carrots about 4
- 1 1/4 cups chopped celery about 3
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 14.5 oz cans low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 3 cups peeled and 1/2-inch thick diced potatoes from about 3 medium
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chopped frozen or fresh green beans
- 1 1/4 cups frozen or fresh corn
- 1 cup frozen or fresh peas
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
Add onions, carrots, and celery and saute 4 minutes then add garlic and saute 30 seconds longer.
Add in broth tomatoes, potatoes, parsley, bay leaves, thyme and season with salt and pepper to taste (for more flavor add in more dried herbs as desired).
Bring to a boil, then add green beans.
Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 - 30 minutes, then add corn and peas and cook 5 minutes longer.
Serve warm. Recipe Source: Cooking Classy