There’s nothing better than curling up with a comforting bowl of hot soup after a long, frigid, wintry day. The new year is in full swing. Everyone is back to work after the holiday fun, and it’s game time. Since the arctic like conditions have arrived here in Chicago, fully making themselves known, it’s time to take care of our bodies with proper immune-boosting nourishment (unless of course you live in a warm place, then please send us some of your warm air!). This oil-free Cleansing Detox Soup is packed with all the good stuff, and by good stuff I mean immune-boosting.
Winter cleansing detox soup
This Winter cleansing detox soup is perfect for soup lovers . It’s fresh, easy, easy to make, healthy. the perfect recipe to make for your party…!
- 1/4cup water or vegetable broth
- 1/2of a red onion diced
- 2cloves garlic minced
- 3celery stalks diced
- 3medium carrots diced
- 1small head of broccoli florets
- 1cup chopped tomatoes
- 1tablespoon fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 1teaspoon turmeric I used powdered
- 1/4teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste (optional)
- fine-grain sea salt and black pepperto taste
- 6cups water or 4 cups vegetable broth + 2 cups water
- 2cups kale de-stemmed and torn in pieces
- 1cup purple cabbage chopped
- juice from 1/2 of a small lemonor a whole lemon, depending how much lemon flavor you prefer
- In a large pot, add the water and turn on the heat to medium-high. After it’s hot, add the onion and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the celery, carrots, broccoli, tomatoes and fresh ginger. Stir and cook for 3 minutes, adding in extra water or broth as needed (another 1/4 cup). Stir in the turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the water or vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add in the kale, cabbage and lemon juice near the last 2-3 minutes of simmering.
get more informations please visit the source www.theglowingfridge.com