This Vegan Potato Leek Soup fits the bill when it comes to comfort and I make it all year winter long! It’s satisfying, belly-warming and oh-so-cozy!
I’m a big soup lover and It’s definitely my go-to meal in the winter. It’s easy to make, inexpensive, hearty, filling and delicious!
This Winter Creamy Vegan Potato Leek Soup is perfect for Soup lover . It's fresh, easy, easy to make, healthy. the perfect recipe to make for your party...!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil or preferred oil
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 large leeks cleaned well & thinly sliced (white & light green part only) *See note
- 5 medium russet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt more to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander optional
- 5 cups vegetable broth low sodium *See note
- 2 bay leaves
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice optional
- 1 cup canned coconut milk or any unsweetened plant-based milk
- Toppings Ideas
- Green onion chopped
- Pieces of cooked potato
- Fresh ground pepper
Make sure leeks are washed well first. *See note on instructions
Heat the oil, butter and a pinch of salt in a large pot over medium heat. Add the leeks & onion, sauté until softened, about 5-6 minutes.
Add the potatoes, garlic, thyme, rosemary, and coriander. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
Add the vegetable broth, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Raise heat so it starts to simmer. Now reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender.
get full instructions veganhuggs.com
#soup recipes#soup recipes healthy#soup recipes slow cooker#soup recipes easy#winter recipes healthy#winter recipes healthy clean eating#winter recipes healthy dinners#winter recipes healthy comfort foods