Mexican Street Corn soup is as easy to make as it is versatile to serve. The heat level is customizable to your personal preferences (I like mine mild, but feel free to go to town with the chili powder if that’s your thing!).
This Mexican Street Corn Soup recipe is perfect for soup lover . It's fresh, easy, easy to make, healthy. the perfect recipe to make for your party...!
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 6 cups fresh corn kernels from 8-10 cobs (save 6 of the stripped cobs for simmering the soup)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon chili powder depending on your heat preferences, plus additional to taste
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Cotija cheese plus additional for garnish (substitute Parmesan or Romano if Cotija is unavailable)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro divided
Heat oil in a large, nonstick pot or Dutch oven until shimmering. Add corn kernels, chopped onion, 1/8 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until onions are soft and corn is light golden brown in spots, about 10 minutes.
Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Remove 1-1/2 cups of corn mixture from the pot and set aside. Stir broth and 6 stripped corn cobs into the pot, scraping up the brown bits on the bottom. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
Use tongs to remove corn cobs from pot and discard.
get full instructions stripedspatula.com
#soup recipes#soup recipes healthy#soup recipes slow cooke#winter recipes healthy#winter recipes healthy dinner#winter recipes healthy clean eating