Healthy & Easy Recipes for a Vegetarian Diet
This Healthy & Easy Recipes for a Vegetarian Diet is perfect for Veggie lovers . It's fresh, easy, easy to make, healthy. the perfect recipe to make for your party...!
- 1½ cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus 2 teaspoons divided
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 4½ cups very thinly sliced cabbage about ¼ medium head
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 medium poblano pepper chopped
- 1 15- ounce can black beans rinsed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and stir in cumin. Partially cover and set aside. Meanwhile, whisk 2 tablespoons oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add cabbage and onion; toss to coat. Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add poblano and cook, stirring, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in beans and chili powder; cook, stirring, until heated through, about 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. To serve, layer in each bowl: ¾ cup quinoa, ½ cup bean mixture and ¼ cup cheese. Top each portion with ¾ cup cabbage salad and 2 tablespoons salsa.